Equalities Policy and Objectives
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
Legislation and guidance
Our Equalities Policy and Equality Objectives meets the requirements under the following legislation:
- The Equality Act 2010, which introduced the public sector equality duty and protects people from discrimination
- The Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011, which require schools to publish information to demonstrate how they are complying with the public sector equality duty and (contained within our Equalities Policy) to publish equality objectives
- This document is also based on Department for Education (DfE) guidance: The Equality Act 2010 and schools.
The Dawnay Governing body work with the school leadership team to review the school's Equality objectives annually.