Upper Junior Home Learning: WB 20/04/2020
Dear all Upper Junior Children and Families
It is our pleasure to share with you all the home learning for the week beginning Monday 20 th April 2020.
Please check the Upper Junior Home Learning Timetable for information about the Home learning activities, resources and timetable for the week.
The key learning for the week ahead is as follows:
- Active 5 (Guided reading): Friend or Foe by Michael Morpurgo. Mrs Rourke’s group - Picked for the Team book and questions.
- MP3 Audio Files for chapters 1,2,3 in Friend or Foe added to separate webpage
- English: letter writing
- Spellings: ous and us words. Mrs Webb’s group continue to practise list in your pack.
- Maths: Year 5 – decimals
- Maths: Year 6 – measuring and drawing angles – YOU DO NOT NEED TO PRINT – ANGLES CAN BE MEASURED ON SCREEN!
- Topic (Cornerstones): evacuation – research what happened to children who were evacuated in WW2 and create a factfile
- Science: light investigation – straight lines
- RE: how did it all begin? (Christianity)
- Art / DT: make a gas mask box
- PSHE: how to support yourself during uncertain times
- Music: assignment on Charanga website
- German: numbers 1-20
To help parents assess their child's work, please see the separate UJ parents blog as we have included some answers pages for your reference. Please ensure children do not see these before the work is set!
We hope you enjoy what we have prepared.
Mrs Jupp (Eagles)
Mrs Gilbertson (Falcons)
Miss Shamp (Kestrels)
Pupils: Please remember to check the timetable to see where and how you should record your learning in the books that were sent home via the Drive Thru.
Writing in spelling, English and cornerstones books should be in black pen with dates and titles underlined using a ruler. All drawings should be completed using a pencil and colouring using pencils only.
Work in maths books should be completed in pencil and all lines drawn using a ruler.
Self marking at school is completed using a purple pen but any contrasting colour is fine at home.
Contacting the Teacher
If you have a question for a member of the Upper Junior teaching team, please indicate this information clearly using the email:
To make it easier for staff to respond, we request that emails follow a set format with the following information:
Please note: If your child is on the SEND register, after Easter Mrs Hughes will be contacting you individually to discuss how to best support your child at home. However, if you have a specific question, please contact her via the main school office email address below.
Emails will be checked daily, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 4.30pm. They will be forwarded to members of the team as necessary. We will aim to respond within 48 hours.
If there are general questions, please contact the office as normal: firstname.lastname@example.org