At lunchtime today, we were made aware of a potential security alert in the area. We immediately commenced our lockdown procedures, which include keeping the children safe indoors and contacting the police.
At approximately 12.45pm, we were visited by the police who informed us that the area was all clear and that they therefore had no concerns. The police commented positively on the thoroughness of our procedures.
After this unexpected change to our school day we therefore returned to our normal afternoon.
- @The Dawnay School1 day ago@Cornerstonesedu @AlisterMoses
- @The Dawnay School4 days agoMarvellous Machines and Mighty Metals. Lower juniors today!@Cornerstonesedu #creativity #Science https://t.co/Hb9kI8ADD6
- @The Dawnay School2 weeks agoThe Dawnay Primary School are holding open days on 8th, 10th and 18th October. Come along and see Team Dawnay in action and learn how your child can 'Dare to Think Differently.....' @TheDawnaySchool @BookhamVillage #TeamDawnay #bookham #inspiringchildren https://t.co/782nYP6uYm
- After informative Curriculum meetings for the Juniors last Thursday we are now looking forward to the Infant Curriculum evenings taking place this Thursday 20th September - Reception Class will be between 6 and 7pm and Years 1/2 between 7 and 8pm. https://t.co/fs25zkVZei
- Anyone remember going to school here? This was the original Dawnay School, formerly known as St. James', before it moved to it's current location. Now known as @BookhamLibrary step back in time & learn more; visit it on 14/15th Sep as part of @BookhamVillage @heritageopenday week https://t.co/9kyduNWrvd
- Thank you for sharing the photo@BookhamLibrary https://t.co/P9lOJDhA7f
- Did you know that the Dawnay School began life in 1858 in the building that is now Bookham Library?
Come along to the Library to explore more of the history of your school on Thurs 13th & Fri 14th Sept (10:00–1:00 & 2:00–5:00) or Sat 15th Sept (9:30-5:00). https://t.co/tsv1G9tg0E https://t.co/NcBEDHqJ7D
- Reception Class 2018/19
We welcome our newcomers to our Ladybird Class who have 'flown in' and landed at The Dawnay this week! #welcome https://t.co/w6nGha4ObB
- Calling all Dawnay Upper Junior male footballers - football trials will be held Friday 21st Sep and 28th Sep between 3.15 and 4.15pm on the school field.
We look forward to seeing you there! #football #teamdawnay #trials https://t.co/Fw3Zmsclhl
- Our curriculum is broad & balanced at The Dawnay - come & find out what we cover in the Junior School at the CURRICULUM EVENING this Thursday 13th Sept. Lower Juniors are at 6pm & Upper Juniors at 7pm in the school hall. Infants hold theirs on 20th Sept @Cornerstonesedu https://t.co/lx1l7qSed5
- Welcoming back everyone. We are all really excited to start the new term! https://t.co/bu1j2N3cbz
- @Cornerstonesedu The Cactus Café sold out!
- Our noses led us to the Home Economics Room this afternoon - the girls had chosen to bake cakes as a special treat for completing their home reading record charts! #treat #cakes https://t.co/TWIi4BoXAQ
- At our Awards Assembly this morning we awarded cups to our Sports Award Winners - well done to them! #TeamDawnay https://t.co/2Xp2jgHCTp
- Congratulations to our pupils today who were presented with dictionaries at our awards assembly today for their Improvement In Learning #improvement #learning https://t.co/XLZlynwcqy
- Thank you! https://t.co/CqpypiR2zq
- We are proud to announce that The Dawnay School has been awarded the Gold School Games Mark Award for our commitment, engagement and delivery of competitive school sport in 2017/18 @YourSchoolGames #TeamDawnay https://t.co/i0wEgBVKL6
- Our Lower Juniors have been on an exciting #RoadTripUSA during this half term. Anyone who joined us this morning @Cornerstonesedu Exhibition would have encountered a Tepee Village up in our woods! https://t.co/dW72o8CDI0
- We really enjoyed showing off all our hard work @Cornerstonesedu Exhibition this morning - thanks to everyone who visited us today. Year 1 had beautiful colourful displays for their topic #SplendidSkies https://t.co/kqu5yiuv6c