The Dawnay School History
The current Bookham Library, a Grade II listed building in the heart of Bookham Village, was the original location of The Dawnay School.
Designed by William Butterfield and completed in 1858, the building was commissioned in memory of William Henry Dawnay, 7th Viscount Downe, and housed a school, known originally as St James' School. The school, now known as The Dawnay School, moved to its current site in the 1970s. The Bookham branch of Surrey Libraries has occupied this building since the late 1980s.